Thursday 8 November 2012

An Interesting Piece I Read




I’ve just read a really interesting article on the BBC website about the rise of people who are crafting from home.  It talks about the increase in membership of the websites Folksy.co.uk and the American Etsy.com.  It’s an interesting read.  I thought the most interesting point was the quote by Richard Cope which says:

 "In an era where everyone is walking around with Kindles and PCs and the same MP3 player and Superdry clothes, handmade and niche items are a real opportunity to express personality.”

 This was one of the reasons why we started to make our own items.  While our items are a little more expensive than those you could find on the local high street, they offer something unique, something one of a kind – special. 

Anyway, if you follow the link above, it will take you to the article.  Give it a read!  I think you will like it. Let me know what you think, and leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment