Wednesday 20 May 2020

Face mask

With the on going Covid  19, I decided to help out daughter number one and her friend and make a few face masks for them to help them at work.

I sorted through my stash of fat quarters and pick these.



After a quick wash and iron I cut the masks out the size I use was 9" x 6" x 2 for each piece at this point my poor husband nearly died of shock when he found me on the floor using a rotary cutter on the new carpet, he couldn't see the cutting board underneath 😂😂





After attaching the elastic I  then added the pleats to give the mask room to cover the face, and placed the second piece on top this also had pleats and machined all around the edges leaving a gap for turning out.







Once turned out I pressed the pleats as this made it easier to then sew around the edges to finish it off securely.







12 masks waiting to be picked up at social distancing of course




No comments:

Post a Comment