Wednesday 27 May 2020

Return to dementia mitts




A few yrs ago I made some dementia mitts for the local dementia society, since then I've also been making them for my mother in laws care home.   Sadly in February my mother in law died suddenly and I thought I would make some more mitts to say thank you for the care she received whilst in the home.

To make the mitts I use all my odd bit of yarn to make then as colourful as possible, I search in all the chairty shops for buttons, beads, jingle bells and ribbons and lace to make them eye catching, and the residents really appreciate them so do the carers as they calm them down with something to fiddle with.

A few weeks later the Covid 19 virus hit, so with this in mind I had plenty of time to make as many as possible, and would be delivering them as soon as I could .




So far I've made 13 I'm hoping to make at least 30 if not more



No comments:

Post a Comment